+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Talking Bluetooth DUN / Tethering Solution for Verizon XV6700 (codes method)

MODERATORS, PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD!

UPDATED!

Yup, I did it! I fixed the bluetooth DUN Service to work on the 6700 for verizon. Here's what you do. WARNING!! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! (I'm giving you guys the easy verizon phone lock codes!)

1. Go to the PHONE application
    2. ##3328873
    3. enter code 000000
    4. Select BT DUN
    5. Click Edit
    6. Choose enable
    7. Select WMODEM
    8. Click Edit
    9. Choose enable
    10. Push Save / OK
    11. Push Ok
    12. follow the prompt to restart your device

discover services, and voila! you've got bluetooth DUN available.

I've also included a file which enables the following four other features:

1. USB support for internet connectivity (available on start menu with driver file)
    2. Automatic Time Synchronization for phone clock
    3. enable GPS phone manager
    4. WIFI and cellular on at the same time

Finally, a request: I'm looking for a way to setup my phone to not take voice calls when in a data call initiated via either usb or bluetoth. or, a way to set up this preference in general. Any advice?

Good Luck and thanks to all the regulars for the valuable advice,

Zam

www.ammertech.com
    for the unusually thankful, my paypal is zachinds@ammertech.com.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by therealzam; 01-27-2006 at 11:40 PM.

I tried installing the multiuse fixer and it gives me an error. The error is"Ammertech Multiissue Fixer cannot be installed"

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

I hve tried to run it from several locations including the storage card

Thanks

Originally posted by eman101
    I tried installing the multiuse fixer and it gives me an error. The error is"Ammertech Multiissue Fixer cannot be installed"

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

I hve tried to run it from several locations including the storage card
    It needs to be installed on the PDA directly and not on a storage card. It's not actually a program, just a combination of several updates into one package. I'd make sure you've followed my instrutions for completing the update on the phone BEFORE installing my package. furthermore, some of the changes may be locked so i'd do a soft reset first.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that you have to hit yes on the security warning to run the program. if you press no, you'll get that error every time you try to run it until you hard reset (unless there's a workaround im unaware of).

Thanks,

Zam

Cool

After a hard reset I was able to load your cab file.

Thanks for your support and work on the cab file.

EMAN

Where does this file go to? I'm a newbie and a little confused......do I like paste this in or how to I get it onto the phone? Also, can you verify that this will work, and can it be undone?

Originally posted by ssbands04
    Where does this file go to? I'm a newbie and a little confused......do I like paste this in or how to I get it onto the phone? Also, can you verify that this will work, and can it be undone?
    The file simply creates registry modifications, an unlocked copy of wmodem.exe as well as the shortcut to winmodem on your start menu. IT DOES NOT INSTALL A SHORTCUT. You can revert to your previous state by selecting the program from remove programs. If i hadn't verified that it worked, i wouldn't have posted it.

As far as how to install it, you just need to copy the cab file to your phone and click on it. IT MUST BE INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE when the option is presented. Consult help at ms on installing programs.

Thanks,

Zam

Okay, I got the thing onto my phone, but now when I go to WModem and hit start it gives me something like

"Data Call Failure error 1010: Data service is not available when device is in tethered and Bluetooth Dial Up Networking mode"

When I dialed the ##332.... thing, I enabled both of them......

Any suggestions? And do i need to install anything else on the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by ssbands04
    Okay, I got the thing onto my phone, but now when I go to WModem and hit start it gives me something like

"Data Call Failure error 1010: Data service is not available when device is in tethered and Bluetooth Dial Up Networking mode"

When I dialed the ##332.... thing, I enabled both of them......

Any suggestions? And do i need to install anything else on the computer?
    With the phone enabled as you stated, the phone supports three data modes: internal, Bluetooth, and USB. The phone cannot use more than one of these simultaneously. please end any data sessions before attempting to connect via another method.

Zam

Or you can use the wireless modem app like us PCS users do. Its on the device, but hidden! Look around... my buddy found it on his VZW 6700.
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Please read above in the thread... the hack to which you are refering is discussed in this thread... the program included unlocks the app automatically.

anyone having problems with this, just go download the PDAnet program beta (for free) and you can get online instantly. it works! i don't see the advantage of going through all the wmodem steps above when i can just download the PDAnet file, run it, and i'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by race3
    anyone having problems with this, just go download the PDAnet program beta (for free) and you can get online instantly. it works! i don't see the advantage of going through all the wmodem steps above when i can just download the PDAnet file, run it, and i'm done.
    PDA net might not cost $ now but it will eventually and it doesn't do bluetooth. These fixes simply unlock features built into the phone and that are a part of the basic OS. I'd personally not buy software to do something that's already included for free.

Quote Originally Posted by therealzam
    PDA net might not cost $ now but it will eventually and it doesn't do bluetooth. These fixes simply unlock features built into the phone and that are a part of the basic OS. I'd personally not buy software to do something that's already included for free.
    I for one appreciate the work you did figuring this out, and I don't even own the phone yet (and may not. My NE2 discount kicks in on 3/21 and I am not sure which device I am going to upgrade to yet).

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    I for one appreciate the work you did figuring this out, and I don't even own the phone yet (and may not. My NE2 discount kicks in on 3/21 and I am not sure which device I am going to upgrade to yet).

Alan
    Thanks a lot. I'm a big windows mobile fan for countless reasons. Verizon has three devices to chose from. All are great. I had the i730 and loved it. I went with the 6700 because it has a newer and faster cpu although the i730 has more memory and built-in software. The treo from my end is hte odd ball out. Seems smaller, but that square screen and all the custom software scare me a bit.

You said your fix would allow wifi and the cellular network to be active at the same time. i cannot get them to work together. Im using the wireless manager to do this is there a special way you need to do this? thanks

WIFI and phone

After installing the fix file, I still don't have the ability to run WIFI and cell at the same time (using the Wireless Manager) on my xv6700. Do I miss something? Thanks.

Hey Zam nice find! Just wanted to give you a little heads up - you have a typo in your setup.xml file

<characteristic type="HKLM\Services\WirelessMgr">
    <parm name="MuteexFlag" value="0" datatype="integer" />

it should be 'MutexFlag'

Besides that nice work!!! Got anymore interesting codes?

For everyone else -

Wifi and Phone @ same time

Go to key: HKLM/Services/WirelessMgr

Find a key called 'MutexFlag'

Change it's value from '1' to '0'

Quote Originally Posted by msolnik
    Hey Zam nice find! Just wanted to give you a little heads up - you have a typo in your setup.xml file

it should be 'MutexFlag'

For everyone else -

nice find! thanks

Great Find!
    I've tested this for only 5 minutes but it works over Bluetooth!

Quote Originally Posted by msolnik

it should be 'MutexFlag'

For everyone else -

Thanks, you fixed my bug before I even noticed it. I've posted an updated version to reflect my typo.

Zam