+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I posted this in a different thread but I think it pertains to this. I can't get it to work for nothin'. I think the problem is that my i730 is telling me that I have no bluetooth hardware installed on this device. The problem is, is that I've used my Jabra 250v for quite some time now and it jsut started giving me probs. I can't shut off the Bluetooth setting on the today screen either.

Help......

Mike

Got it to work.... I did a soft reset using Spb Pocket Plus and I was able to re-connect with my BT headset and the toggle now works.

Mike

Newly Converged

BT HS Voice Signal now not working

Hello,

Great little utiliy, THANKS. I think I have an issue, wondering if anyone else has seen this. Before I used this utility, I was able to hit the button on my HS and it would launch Voice Signal and I could just say a name, now when I hit the button on the HS, nothing happens on the phone...? Has anyone else seen this happen, or been able to still use the button on the HS and launch Voice Signal after you have used this utility?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

VS launches with my BT headset button before I launch the utility, after I've shut the utility down, and even while the utility has all sounds directed to my headset.

Dimension,

I have noticed two issues:

(1) BTAudioToggle enabled (ON) with BT 850 active (boom opened): If I click on the middle button to launch VC (using VC/VS hack), the BT audio channel goes down and I hear VC from the phone's speakers. If I click the VS button on the phone, I hear VC via the 850 (this part works).

Is this a VC limitation or BTAudioToggle ? I did not test this with VS.

(2) Not sure if this is a issue or just a feature, if I enable BTAudioToggle without my 850 active (boom is closed), I get the "Failed to enable BT Audio" error message. Then when I open the boom, nothing happens. I then have to manually reenable the toggle ---- I assume this is how it is supposed to work.
    i760 VZW

0) Dimension didn't write this utility, though I suppose you can still complain to him

1) It sounds like when you click that button your headset is sending a command over the control channel which causes the phone to think a call has ended so it shuts off the redirect. Or it is closing and re-opening the audio connection so the phone thinks it momentarily lost the headset connection and so it closes the channel. It shouldn't have anything to do with which program is launched, VC/VS/whatever. The dll that processes the control commands from the headset is called btagextmodule.dll, the one that Superdave hacked a while back. I've been thinking of writing a new .dll to replace that one so I can customize what happens when I hit buttons on the bt headset. If I do that, I can elminate problems like what you are experiencing as well as make the phone leave audio redirection on after a call ends. But first I need to actually buy a bluetooth headset.

2) That would be a 'feature', if there is no bluetooth headset device connected then turning on the redirect will fail.

Would you prefer it if the /q switch silenced the error message, or for the error message to automatically disappear after a few seconds? Anyone?

Originally posted by sarcasmsra
    0) Dimension didn't write this utility, though I suppose you can still complain to him

1) It sounds like when you click that button your headset is sending a command over the control channel which causes the phone to think a call has ended so it shuts off the redirect. Or it is closing and re-opening the audio connection so the phone thinks it momentarily lost the headset connection and so it closes the channel. It shouldn't have anything to do with which program is launched, VC/VS/whatever. The dll that processes the control commands from the headset is called btagextmodule.dll, the one that Superdave hacked a while back. I've been thinking of writing a new .dll to replace that one so I can customize what happens when I hit buttons on the bt headset. If I do that, I can elminate problems like what you are experiencing as well as make the phone leave audio redirection on after a call ends. But first I need to actually buy a bluetooth headset.

2) That would be a 'feature', if there is no bluetooth headset device connected then turning on the redirect will fail.

Would you prefer it if the /q switch silenced the error message, or for the error message to automatically disappear after a few seconds? Anyone?
    0) Sarcasmsra, my apologies, I think I wrote Dimension since it was easier to type his name I should have double-checked my post before submitting it ...

2) The ability to use a BT headset's mic to command VC/VS, especially when driving, would be a great feature. With SD's hack, that feature was present since the BT audio was always on. If that is something you could figure out, it would be great !!

3) The error message is really not my concern. I was trying to highlight that your program doesn't enable the audio after reset. BTW, I tested it with the boom opened, and it still has the same error message. There is no point in saving it (or a shortcut) in the startup folder.

Anyways, thanks for all of your effort in building this app !!!!!
    i760 VZW

Originally posted by wallst

3) The error message is really not my concern. I was trying to highlight that your program doesn't enable the audio after reset. BTW, I tested it with the boom opened, and it still has the same error message. There is no point in saving it (or a shortcut) in the startup folder.
    Right, the setting is not persistent. However, it is possible (I think) to trap Bluetooth events such as a headset connecting, so I might be able to write an app that automatically redirects audio any time you turn on the headset. That sort of thing could be put in startup. Not sure if there is a lot of demand for that though.

Do you think number (2) is doable ?

2) The ability to use a BT headset's mic to command VC/VS, especially when driving, would be a great feature. With SD's hack, that feature was present since the BT audio was always on. If that is something you could figure out, it would be great !!
    I just noticed that I got the numbers mixed up ... long day today ...
    i760 VZW

See Kupe's post above, it appears to already work with some headsets.

My comment was strictly for VS by itself which natively works over BT already. I believe the VC/VS request was for using VC over BT via a separate VS hack - sort of a hack of a hack. This might be inherently unstable (relying on one hack for another hack).

Ah okay. Well the way VoiceSignal gets launched when you press the button on your headset is through a function in BTAGextModule.dll. All commands from the headset and passed through a function in that DLL. I want to write a new one so I can make it launch other programs and do more clever things, like if I press volume up on the headset I want audio redirection to turn on if it isn't already. And I was thinking of making actions for double-taps as well, like maybe a double tap could turn it off. I don't even know what the default behaviors are. I'll have to see what I all I can do with it once I get a headset. I wish my laptop had a simulated multi-function button in its headset client.

Newly Converged

The biggest problem for A2DP with the MS stack is that there is simply [no] software implementation of the A2DP profile for any Windows CE 4.2 devices running the MS bluetooth stack. And unfortunately, implementing one would be very difficult or impossible. A2DP is a layer on top of AVDTP, a protocol which is not implemented in the Microsoft stack, and which is on top of L2CAP protocol, which is implemented but there is no interface to interact with it in Windows CE 4.2 (not documented interface, but there must be a way).
    I've been working on A2DP drivers in Linux. We also have no AVDTP protocol in Linux, but we're able to assemble packets and send and receive the AVDTP signals over an L2CAP connection. We can send high-quality audio to every stereo headse we've tried (although the HP headset requires timing tweaks in our sender app)

I'm disappointed to hear there is not a documented way to get at L2CAP... I was going to suggest a ppc developer take our SBC library and AVDTP signaling examples and try them on ppc. One of our developers just optimized the encoder for arm and it runs pretty well now (using 5% of cpu on an arm9/400mhz)

Anyway, our project is at http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.net and the sbc library is licensed under the LGPL.

Originally posted by kupe
    My comment was strictly for VS by itself which natively works over BT already. I believe the VC/VS request was for using VC over BT via a separate VS hack - sort of a hack of a hack. This might be inherently unstable (relying on one hack for another hack).
    Your right, too many hacks may be unstable. That particular hack that I am using was to rename the VC shortcut to the VS name. But if VC and VS operate differently when pressing a BT button, then obviously the results will differ as well.

Since VC (pressing BT button) worked with SD's hack to enable the BT audio channel at all times, I assumed Sarcasmsra's app did the same thing when enabled - with the benefit to turn the feature on/off.

Ah okay. Well the way VoiceSignal gets launched when you press the button on your headset is through a function in BTAGextModule.dll. All commands from the headset and passed through a function in that DLL.
    Thanx for the clarification.

I want to write a new one so I can make it launch other programs and do more clever things, like if I press volume up on the headset I want audio redirection to turn on if it isn't already. And I was thinking of making actions for double-taps as well, like maybe a double tap could turn it off. I don't even know what the default behaviors are. I'll have to see what I all I can do with it once I get a headset. I wish my laptop had a simulated multi-function button in its headset client.
    Sounds like a great idea !!!
    i760 VZW

Since VC (pressing BT button) worked with SD's hack to enable the BT audio channel at all times, I assumed Sarcasmsra's app did the same thing when enabled - with the benefit to turn the feature on/off.
    Superdave's hack was to change a letter of the name of the bluetooth audio gateway device name in btagextmodule.dll so that it fails to open it and turn off redirection. BTAudio uses the bluetooth audio gateway's ioctls to tell the OS to turn the redirection on and off. I'm a little surprised that both hacks can't be combined without a problem, but it could make sense if the audio gw driver passes off/on requests thru that dll as well (tho i don't know why it would).

Thumbs up

Works perfect with the iTech, thanks a million!

Sarcasmsra, forgot to mention, if I have BTAudio enabled and hit the VS signal button on the phone (bottom-right), then using the BT mic with VC works. The audio channel does not drop.
    i760 VZW

FINNALLY!!!

WORKS GREAT THANJS SO MUCH!
    I started with a Psion Organizer in 1987!

Newly Converged

Re: UTILITY - Redirect ALL audio to Bluetooth Headset

Hi all,

i have some problems with the prog.
    I have a BT hands-free kit and a BT-GPS mouse for my navigate-Prog.
    Now i want to hear the navigate-Prog. over my hands-free kit.
    Must i switch at first the BTAudio Utilitie than the navigate and at last the hands-free kit?
    Or is it not the right Prog. for my MDA III?

Thanks at all

Hi. This program should work on any PDA that uses the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack. I don't know much about any other device except for the i730. Just try it, the worst thing that could happen is it won't work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast