+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

UTILITY - Redirect ALL audio to Bluetooth Headset

UPDATE

Added BTAudioToggle.exe for toggling redirection on/off. Thanks to johntchow for the icon.

--------------------------------------
    BTAudio Utilities

These utilities will allow you to turn on/off the redirection of all system audio audio to your Bluetooth Headset.

This requires NO other hacks or modifications to your i730.

The attached ZIP file contains 3 files:
    BTAudioOn.exe
    BTAudioOff.exe
    BTAudioToggle.exe

DONATIONS
    If you find these programs useful and would like to send me money, you can donate via PayPal here.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Unzip and place these files on your i730.
    - To redirect all sound to your BT headset, run BTAudioOn.exe
    - To stop redirecting sound, run BTAudioOff.exe.
    - To toggle the redirection on and off, run BTAudioToggle.exe.
    - The effects are immediate and the program will not display anything unless there is an error.

NOTES:
    BTAudioToggle.exe does not authoritatively know what the current state of audio redirection is, it simply turns the redirection on or off, alternating each time it is run. It uses a temp file, \BTAudio.tmp, to track whether it should next turn on or off. Thanks to johntchow for the icon.

The /v command-line argument will display a sucess message. Failure messages are always shown. Also, if you know how to set up a shortcut, you technically don't need both .exe's. You can run BTAudioOn.exe with the /off argument and it will do the same thing as BTAudioOff. But since each file is less than 4k, which I think is the block size for the RAM file system, it would not actually save any space so what's the point.

This was made possible mostly due to the information at http://blogs.msdn.com/cenet/archive/...12/451012.aspx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sarcasmsra; 09-01-2005 at 03:25 PM.

does this work in conjuction with your other hack or superdave's or standalone?
    You poke it, you own it.

This is standalone, it requires no other hacks or modifications to your i730.

btAudioOn works great. Thank you. But bt AudioOff does not. As a matter of fact it also turns on the audio channel

98%Converged, 1%Cocky, 1% Sarcastic
    Originally posted by Germanguy
    btAudioOn works great. Thank you. But bt AudioOff does not. As a matter of fact it also turns on the audio channel
    works perfectly for me. both on and off.
    Your Complete Computer Systems Management Solution:

System Engineering and Management
    www.SysMgt.com

View our available services at:
    www.SysMgt.com/services.htm

huh? it works fine for me. when i do btaudiooff it redirects it back to the phone.

IMHO, This'd be a great addition...

to PhoneAlarm. I hadn't heard of others suggesting that these types of software pkgs actually be added to PA.

Maybe OT. If so, pls move, delete, or whatever. Not meant to diminish any of the excellent work the developers who are posting about this i730. Just my own thoughts.

John

Anxiously Awaiting Android jpurv's Avatar
    Same experience for me. I think because I already have sd's hack. I think i'll try and remove it and then see what happens.
    Free Katie Holmes!

Both on and off work for me as well.

Now I can use skype thru my bt headset. Cool thing!!!

Thank you very much for the program.

Both utilities work great for me. Thanks.

Same experience for me. I think because I already have sd's hack. I think i'll try and remove it and then see what happens.
    Free Katie Holmes!

i removed SD's hack and tried this one and it worked perfectly. i didnt try this hack with SD's.

also, when using the headset once i hang up the call with the button on my headset it reverts the audio channel back to the phone which is nice. i dont even have to use the shortcut to the btturnoff app.
    You poke it, you own it.

sofa king we todd did superdave's Avatar
    Yeah, it would not let you turn it off if you had the hack applied (thats how it works). Removing it will allow you to turn it off.

,Dave

Works great thanks!
    Samsunng i730, Sharp Zaurus C-1000

Removed the hack and it works perfectly. Put 2 shortcuts on my today screen with Pocket Plus. You came through once again. Thanks a million.
    Free Katie Holmes!

Works great. Thanks. Now if I could just figure how to get my i730 to do the dishes...
    Last edited by freddie; 08-29-2005 at 10:43 PM.

The only thing I was thinking of adding to this is an option to keep the redirect on after a call if it was on prior to the call. It's not trivial to implement, unlike the rest of this program. I would have to figure out how to trap the event of a call ending. Since it's easy to just run btaudioon again, I don't think it's worth the time. But if a lot of people want it, I'll look into it.

Oh and, you're all welcome

i actually like it this way. all you need to is press the headset button and the audio goes back to the headset.

now if only you could get voice command to announce the call thru the headset.

does anyone know how to give a shortcut an icon? the btaudioon shortcut i have in my taskbar is ugly!

Originally posted by sarcasmsra
    The only thing I was thinking of adding to this is an option to keep the redirect on after a call if it was on prior to the call. It's not trivial to implement, unlike the rest of this program. I would have to figure out how to trap the event of a call ending. Since it's easy to just run btaudioon again, I don't think it's worth the time. But if a lot of people want it, I'll look into it.

Originally posted by freddie
    Works great. Thanks. Now if I could just figure how to get my i730 to do the dishes...

LOL... This thing does everything!

Thanks sarcasmsra, it works perfectly. However, I tried that other thing with the btmodule and I think the sound was coming clearer with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast